Friday, March 9, 2012

It's FRIDAY...

I have a confession:  I caved this morning.  Six more days to go and I logged on to facebook.  But only becasue I didn't want my brother to feel abandoned.  I got a text last night from my other brother saying that Josh wanted people to quit quitting facebook.  Josh is in Afghanistan.  He doesn't have a lot of ways to keep in touch with people.  So he won.

So Friday means a few things around my house lately:
  1. Ever since I found allfortheboys.com an their "build-a-fort friday" activity, and Drake got a Build A Fort Kit for his birthday, they LOVE to get to sleep in whatever fort is created for the weekend.  They ask (or beg) all week long to be able to sleep in their fort.  Its a big deal to them, and I don't care as long as its not a school night.
  2.  It's payday today.  YAY!  Payday is always a good thing right?  Even when you're still broke like us and all the money already has a place to go?
  3.  It's my last full day for the week.  Already?  Yep, tomarrow is Sat. so I only work a 1/2 day, which is nice by design, but could mean bad things for MY check on Wed.
  4.  And this is really the most important one, only 2 more days till SUNDAY!!!  EEEEK!  Why am I such a stinkin procrastinator?  Yikes!  I'm in trouble.  I know it.  Why?

WEEELLL....My church is throwing a babyshower for lifeway pregnancies, which is a local non-profit organization that offers free services to women such as pregnancy testing, counciling, etc.  All wonderful stuff.  So they were asking for layette items and hand-made blankets.  Awesome.  I got to talking to the lady organizing the shower about blankets specifically and she was saying that that was the one thing she didn't really expect to get many of because she didn't think many ladies at our church sewed.  I sew.  I also make blankets.  I'm a total beginner, but this IS something I do.  So I sort of maybe volunteered myself to make a few.  She was SOO excited.  And then I put it off.  And put it off.  And procrastinated just a tad more.  Thus the above panic.  Now I only have 2 days and only 1 quilt made. 

Fortunately,  they come together pretty quick.  And I raided my own fabric scraps for material, so I have all the material I need.  (Hopefully there are a lot of boy layettes since all I have are boy fabrics!)  So it's just a few hours work and actually getting it done. 

I better get to it then.......(The first one was SO cute!  I'll post pics when they are done! and maybe my own version of a tutorial?)

No comments:

Post a Comment