Monday, January 30, 2012

Pizza for Breakfast? Yes Please!

    Have you ever had piza for breakfast?  Probably.  But was it a breakfast pizza?  Did you know that there was such a wonderful concoction?  I did not.  Then I came across a recipe for "Breakfast Galette" at acozykitchen.com.  That is where I got the inspiration for this:

But honestly, I changed it so much that I feel ok calling it a monster of my own creation.  So here is what I did......
I took a Jiffy Pizza Mix from out of the pantry

And made it according to directions


Then I pressed it into a 12" pizza pan and sprinkled generously with cheddar cheese, and topped with some chopped ham..
(I forgot to take pictures of this....sorry.)
Then I baked it for about 3-5 min till all the cheese was sorta melty.

And added some other stuff too....green onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.  I think next time I might try adding some salsa or something as "sauce".  Then I took 5 eggs....this was too many and caused some trouble.  Don't add that many eggs unless you have a pan with higher edges than mine!  Next time I will use 3 eggs, slightly beaten and poured over the top.
And cooked at 425 for about 15 min.  Till eggs are done and crust was nice and golden brown.




 
Breakfast Pizza

1 Box Jiffy Pizza Crust
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 finely chopped green onion
1 cup chopped ham
1 TB red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
3 eggs, slightly beaten

Prepare pizza crust according to directions, but do not pre-bake.  Top with cheese and ham and bake 3-5 min, or till just starting to get melty.  Remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients.  Return to oven and bake about 15 min, or till eggs are done and crust is nice golden brown.
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment