Monday, February 13, 2012

My 5 am Baking Obsession

Does anyone else wake up at 5 am with the urge to bake something? No, I'm not smoking crack. ANYONE else? No? Ok...fine. But in my defense it was more about spacing terran's valentines day party until Fri night and then procrastinating the baking of the cookies all weekend. Now that I know you can relate to!


This pretty much sums up my morning:


(I'm saving empty coffee cans for several future projects......in case you were wondering...)

And the results of my early morning spree were, of course, totally worth it......


Fyi: These are supposed to be sandwich cookies....but I just couldn't be bothered to make the filling on such short notice.....even if I did have a week and a half to plan this whole thing. ;) You understand....

Oh....you would like to know what kind of cookies these are? AND the recipe? Oh fine.....

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 TB. unsalted butter, soft
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oats

In small bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Stir with fork to combine. In bowl of electric mixer cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars on med-hi till light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients on low speed till just incorporated. Stir in oats till evenly blended. Use small scoop to portion dough...I use a 1 tsp measuring spoon...and roll into ball. Place on parchment lined, or lightly greased, cookie sheet a couple inches apart and flatten slightly. Bake 10 min at 350 F.

*This recipe is slightly modified from www.annies-eats.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment