Sunday, February 19, 2012

Days 4 and 5

Yesterday (Day 4) :
 My husband had the day off so we went over to my mom and dad's house for a family dinner.  Even my sister-in-law made it.  My parents are having a long time family friend stay with them for a couple of weeks so we ate and visited and just relaxed together till about 9 p.m.

Then we went home- the kiddos were exhausted and went right to bed- and my husband and I used a free rental coupon we had for redbox and stayed up to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows part 2.  It was sooo nice to just spend the evening relaxing together and cuddling on the couch!

Then today (Day 5):
Drake has been bugging me for a vacation lately, which is definitely not in the budget.  But this is a 3 day weekend, so I wanted to do something cool for them.  So after church today it was all about the boys.  We had a quick lunch of sandwiches, changed into play clothes, loaded the bikes and dog and everyone up in the car and headed to the park.  It wasn't very warm, but it wasn't freezing cold either so we rode a lap around the goose pond and then the boys proceeded to play on the toys.  Drake made a couple of friends and played football for a bit with them.  It even turned out that I got the dad's phone number so that we can arrange for other play dates together, since our boys hit it off so well and are the same ages!

Then we came home, played wii bowling for a couple hours, had a nice simple dinner, and then I let them watch a little t.v.  Then, after bath, we went to their room and built a fort and played crazy eights and ate popcorn till it was bedtime!  (They got to take out their sleeping bags and sleep in the fort of course!)

What a fun day it has been!

No comments:

Post a Comment